Chris designed and made...
previous eng. page next eng. page
Pulse Crank Shorteners provide 3 or 4 new positions for your pedals and are designed to adapt adult cranks for shorter riders. They are still in production and can be ordered from Highpath Engineering.
top of page
Unlike other designs, stainless bosses prevent damage to the original pedal threads in your cranks. They are supplied with a selection of fittings, allowing them to be fitted to most cycles, and two versions are available:
- Standard Crank Shorteners
- Suitable for most able-bodied adults and children.
Ideal for use by children on low-back tandems.
Provide 3 new pedal holes to shorten cranks by 27, 50 or 70mm, effectively
reducing standard 170mm cranks to 143mm, 120mm or 100mm (16% steps).
- Long Crank Shorteners
- For riders with serious mobility problems.
Provide 4 pedal holes to shorten cranks by 27, 50, 70 or 88mm, effectively
reducing standard 170mm cranks to 143mm, 120mm, 100mm or 82mm (16% steps).
top of page
- Just wanted to say thank you so much for the Crank Shortener. I can't believe none of my surgeons/doctors know about this - I hadn't ridden a bike since I was 13 (9 years ago) and my doctors always told me that I never would after knee surgery, so I'll definitely be telling them about this (then they can stop telling any other patients that their chances of cycling again are zero!).
(Rand Mikael, UK, 2011)
- Today I try your Crank Shortener. I am very happy!!! Is the solution for my problem. Thank you very much.
(ST, Italy, 2009)
- Fitted the Crank Shortener at the weekend and tried it with a 2.5 mile ride - the first time I have cycled since my knee operation four months ago. It worked fine and I am looking forward to transferring it to the new bike I have ordered today - safe in the knowledge that I can resume cycling. Thanks once again.
(CB, UK, 2008)